About Rachel Horton

Rachel Horton is a band, called Matty Cries. Matty Cries has a record coming out late in the summer of 2009. Rachel Horton is also writing a novel that goes with the record, which can be read here by clicking "Hot Kids From Cold States the novel" under Categories. She also writes short stories sometimes, and poems very occasionally. Rachel Horton feels awkward talking about herself in the third person (once again).

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Things that have come to my attention

I need someone better at computer-related things than me to help fix this blog so that the chapters of the novel can be in one part and maybe the short stories can be in another and the normal stuff can just be here, and you can just click whatever you want off to the side.

I was not a graphic design major.

Not that many people have the attention span for whole novels, or writing as wordy as mine. I'm not sure I even do, except for when I'm writing it. I could blame the internet for this, but I'm not sure if that's true.

And its so odd that there's this whole kind of blogger world, and a lot of them remind me just of me, and I want to meet them and cry with them but then I think that if we really met we'd be aloof and sarcastic and polite and humorous like people always are when they meet. I wonder what would happen if I just said "can we just cut through all of that, because I already know what you're actually thinking about, its not like you didn't put it online for the whole world to see."

Or some of them might try to sleep with me. That tends to happen. And then I would maybe mess around with them and then say something nice and leave, and I'd walk around whatever city I was in feeling annoyed because I know for a fact that they think what I think because they told the whole world, but that's different than telling one person in real life, and people have to be careful about that.

Oh, and Ryan Manning interviewed me today.

2 comments:

adam said...

i would recommend just setting up another blog for your novel and linking it at the side

or maybe you could do some complex tagging of your posts

Rachel said...

Thanks Adam, I'll consider those.

Post a Comment